|SAP Functional Business Analyst (Human Resources)|
|Analyzes and defines complex SAP Human Resources functions, business processes, and user needs and performs complex functional configuration, testing, and maintenance tasks for District's SAP Human Resources and SAP Portal (ESS and MSS) modules according to operational and business needs.
|EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Graduation from a recognized four-year college or university preferably with a major in business administration, public administration, human resources management, computer information systems, management information systems, or a related field AND two years of recent full-time paid professional-level experience in the functional configuration, modification, or maintenance of a SAP Human Resources system.
A valid Class "C" California driver's license may be required for some positions.
Travel to locations throughout the District may be required for some positions.
| KNOWLEDGE OF:
- Principles of SAP Human Resources systems modules with an emphasis on Personnel Administration, Organizational Management, Time Management, Benefits, and Payroll
- SAP Portal (ESS and MSS) technology
- Fundamentals of systems analysis, functional configuration, and testing
- Methods of developing operational process specifications
- Characteristics and capabilities of state-of-the art technology in human resources information processing
- Principles and practices of payroll, time, employee benefits, human resource reporting
- Industry and professional standards for key business systems, procedures, and methods pertinent to assigned area
- SAP ASAP methodology
- Principles of program documentation
- Principles of report, screen, and form design
- Principles of organization and management
- Principles of work simplification and modification
- Federal, State, and local laws, ordinances, codes, and regulations related to human resources information processing
- Principles of training
- Analyze and develop improvements to existing manual and computerized operational procedures involving human resources information processing
- Develop and document operational and technical processes, functions, and procedures involving SAP Human Resources and SAP Portal (ESS and MSS) modules and develop appropriate solutions
- Perform complex functional configuration, modification, and testing tasks involving SAP Human Resources and SAP Portal (ESS and MSS) modules
- Analyze complex operational problems involving SAP Human Resources and SAP Portal (ESS and MSS) modules and develop appropriate solutions
- Express complex concepts clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Write clear and comprehensive reports, documentation, instructions, and training materials
- Interpret and apply applicable rules, laws, and procedures to human resources operations
- Work effectively and independently on assigned projects
- Work effectively and cooperatively with administrators, functional and technical team members, and users
- Provide technical assistance to users
- Train system users effectively
- Meet established priorities and project schedules
- Present and lead discussions on SAP Human Resources and SAP Portal (ESS and MSS) functionality as it relates to current operational needs
- Learn the characteristics of new systems and update skills to adapt to changing technology
- Analyzes and evaluates complex business functions and processes of the District related to payroll, time management, employee benefits, position control, and human resources processing.
- Interfaces with functional unit process owners and users to identify, define, and document operational needs and objectives, current operational procedures, problems, input and output requirements, and levels of systems access.
- Defines and documents SAP Human Resources systems processes and transactions in support of business processes defined by functional unit process owners.
- Performs complex functional configuration tasks for the SAP Human Resources and SAP Portal (ESS and MSS) modules to develop prototype solutions to business requirements and to implement fixes, changes, and enhancements.
- Performs complex unit and integration testing for assigned modules from development to production, troubleshoots configuration and master data problems after release strategy changes and/or upgrades and other functional configuration changes have been created, and makes changes in configurations to resolve errors.
- Interfaces with users to interpret and clarify complex functional configuration details and process change requirements involving SAP Human Resources modules.
- Acts as a liaison between departmental end-users and programming staff in the analysis, design, functional configuration, testing, and maintenance of SAP Human Resources and SAP Portal (ESS and MSS) modules to ensure optimal system integration and performance.
- Guides user testers from various business areas to complete high quality testing of assigned system modules.
- Tracks and documents changes in complex functional and business specifications and writes detailed procedures that can be easily understood by end-users.
- Identifies opportunities for improving business processes in partnership with process owners and management through SAP Human Resources, SAP Portal (ESS and MSS), and associated information systems.
- Analyzes the feasibility of and develops requirements for new systems and enhancements to existing systems and ensures that the system design fits the needs of the users.
- Provides technical assistance in training, mentoring, and coaching professional and technical staff on matters related to assigned area.
- Trains users and supports training in the usage of SAP Human Resources and SAP Portal (ESS and MSS) system functionality.
- Maintains effective and cooperative working relationships with process owners, functional and technical team members, and users.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
|An SAP Functional Business Analyst (Human Resources) analyzes and defines complex SAP Human Resources functions, business processes, and user needs and performs complex functional configuration, testing, and maintenance tasks for the District's SAP Human Resources and SAP Portal (ESS and MSS) modules according to operational needs. Incumbents in this classification use SAP functional and applications knowledge to analyze and translate departmental requirements into deployed functionality in the District's SAP Human Resources systems. The performance of technical programming duties is not a part of this position.
A Senior SAP Functional Business Analyst (PY, TM) analyzes and defines complex SAP payroll and time management functions, business processes, and user needs and performs the most difficult and innovative functional configuration, testing, and maintenance tasks for the District's SAP payroll and time management schemas according to operational and business needs. An incumbent in this classification applies an advanced knowledge in the functional configuration of the assigned schemas. The performance of technical programming duties is not part of this position.
An SAP Team Leader (Human Resources) plans, assigns, and supervises the work of an assigned SAP team engaged in analyzing and defining human resources functions, processes, and user needs, performing functional configuration, testing, and maintenance tasks for SAP Human Resources and SAP Portal (ESS and MSS) modules, and validating the systems design; develops and designs appropriate business processes in conjunction with functional managers and personally performs the more complex professional work of the team. Incumbents in this class are not required to perform technical programming duties.
An Assistant SAP/ERP Functional Business Analyst applies a basic knowledge of SAP or ERP systems functionality and applications when participating in the analysis and translation of departmental business processes and user needs into deployed functionality in the assigned SAP systems or ERP student systems modules. Systems modules include SAP Human Resources, SAP Financial, SAP Material Management, SAP Government Risk and Compliance, SAP Planning Budget and Formulation, SAP Plant Maintenance, SAP HP Quality Control, SAP Portal (ESS and MSS), or ERP student systems modules related to academic scheduling, course development and management, coursework evaluation, student registration, and grade reporting. Assignments are selected to enhance the employee's skills and professional development in preparation for promotion to higher-level analyst positions.
General supervision is received from an SAP Team Leader (Human Resources) or an SAP/ERP Manager. Functional supervision may be exercised over lower-level analysts.