|SAP Team Leader (Human Resources)|
|Plans, assigns, and supervises the work of an assigned SAP Human Resources team, develops and designs appropriate business processes in conjunction with functional managers, and personally performs the more complex professional work of the team.
Graduation from a recognized four-year college or university, preferably with a major in human resource management, business administration, public administration, computer information systems, management information systems, or a related field.
Four years of recent full-time paid professional-level experience in the functional configuration, modification, or maintenance of an SAP Human Resources system. Experience in a team leader or supervisory capacity is desirable.
A valid Class "C" California driver's license may be required for some positions.
Travel to locations throughout the District may be required for some positions.
- Principles of SAP Human Resources systems modules with an emphasis on Personnel Administration, Organizational Management, Time Management, Benefits, and Payroll
- SAP Portal (ESS and MSS) technology
- Principles and techniques of systems analysis, functional configuration, and testing
- Methods of developing operational process specifications
- Characteristics and capabilities of state-of-the art technology in human resources information processing
- Principles and practices of payroll, time, employee benefits, and human resources processing
- Industry and professional standards for business systems, procedures, and methods pertinent to human resources information processing
- SAP ASAP methodology
- Federal, State, and local laws, ordinances, codes, and regulations related to human resources information processing
- Principles and practices of project management
- Principles of work simplification and modification
- Principles of organization and management
- Principles of program documentation
- Principles of report, screen, and form design
- Principles of supervision, team building, and training
- Plan, assign, and supervise the work of an assigned team
- Analyze and develop improvements to existing manual and computerized operational procedures involving human resources information processing
- Design, develop, and document complex operational and technical processes, functions, and procedures involving SAP Human Resources and SAP Portal (ESS and MSS) modules
- Perform complex functional configuration, modification, and testing tasks involving complex components of SAP Human Resources and SAP Portal (ESS and MSS) modules
- Analyze complex business problems involving SAP Human Resources and SAP Portal (ESS and MSS) modules and develop appropriate solutions
- Express difficult and complex concepts clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Utilize project management software to track project progress
- Write clear and comprehensive reports, instructions, and training materials
- Write clear and logical documentation
- Anticipate conditions, plan ahead, establish priorities, and meet project schedules
- Review and evaluate detailed project management plans and project progress
- Review and evaluate project deliverables
- Interpret and apply applicable rules, laws, and procedures to human resources operations
- Provide technical assistance to users and staff
- Act independently and promptly to situations and events
- Motivate, direct, train, and develop others
- Stimulate teamwork and promote cohesiveness to achieve team and project goals
- Establish effective working relationships with administrators, functional and technical team members, and users
- Analyze and interpret technical materials accurately and effectively in written communications, reports, and presentations
- Train system users effectively
- Implement quality assurance efforts for software use and design
- Stay abreast of current trends and technical advancements in the area of human resources systems
- Present and lead discussions on SAP functionality as it relates to current operational needs
- Learn the characteristics of new systems and update skills to adapt to changing technology
- Plans, assigns, and supervises the work of an assigned SAP team in the area of human resources systems to meet project needs, priorities, and deadlines.
- Interfaces with functional unit process owners and users to identify, define, and document operational needs and objectives, current operational procedures, problems, input and output requirements, and levels of systems access.
- Analyzes and evaluates complex work methods, procedures, controls, and information and documentation systems, and develops and designs new rules and procedures related to payroll, time management, employee benefits, positions control, and human resources processing in conjunction with functional managers.
- Obtains buy-in from business process owners and end-users on proposed new business processes or changes to existing ones.
- Defines and documents SAP human resources system processes and transactions in support of business processes defined by functional unit process owners.
- Performs complex functional configuration tasks for SAP Human Resources and SAP Portal (ESS and MSS) modules to develop prototype solutions to business requirements and to implement fixes, changes, and enhancements.
- Performs complex unit and integration testing for assigned modules from development to production, troubleshoots configuration and master data problems after release strategy changes and/or upgrades and other functional configuration changes have been created, and makes changes in configurations to resolve errors.
- Applies functional knowledge to design and customize workflow systems that provide seamless integration for SAP Human Resources modules.
- Interfaces with users to interpret and clarify complex functional configuration details and process change requirements involving SAP Human Resources and SAP Portal (ESS and MSS) modules.
- Prepares and communicates regular project status reports with project stakeholders and business process owners.
- Evaluates the operational effects of applications software.
- Reviews and evaluates project deliverables and timelines including contractor and team performance.
- Acts as a liaison between departmental end-users and programming staff in the analysis, design, functional configuration, testing, and maintenance of SAP Human Resources and SAP Portal (ESS and MSS) modules to ensure optimal system integration and performance.
- Guides user testers from various business areas to complete high quality testing of assigned system modules.
- Tracks and documents changes in complex functional and business specifications and writes detailed procedures that can be easily understood by end-users.
- Identifies opportunities for improving business processes in partnership with process owners and management through information systems.
- Analyzes the feasibility of and develops requirements for new systems and enhancements to existing systems and ensures that the system design fits the needs of the users.
- Identifies business user needs, develops action plans, identifies deliverables, and presents results.
- Provides technical assistance in training, mentoring, and coaching professional and technical staff on complex matters related to assigned area.
- Maintains effective and cooperative working relationships with process owners, functional and technical team members, and District staff and users.
- Provides post implementation support by serving as a liaison to process owners, colleges, and end-users to troubleshoot system problems and authorize access for new users.
- Writes reports, correspondence, documentation, and presentations containing descriptive, analytical, and evaluative content including the preparation of projections, conclusions, and recommendations for human resources systems.
- Trains users and support training in the usage of SAP Human Resources and SAP Portal (ESS and MSS) system functionality.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
|An SAP Team Leader (Human Resources) plans, assigns, and supervises the work of an assigned SAP team engaged in analyzing and defining human resources functions, processes, and user needs, performing functional configuration, testing, and maintenance tasks for SAP Human Resources and SAP Portal (ESS and MSS) modules, and validating the systems design; develops and designs appropriate business processes in conjunction with functional managers and personally performs the more complex professional work of the team. Incumbents in this class are not required to perform technical programming duties.
An SAP/ERP Manager plans, defines, and develops, SAP/ERP systems strategies and standards, and coordinates, manages, and reviews the work of assigned SAP/ERP production support and project teams engaged in analyzing and defining assigned SAP/ERP systems functions and business processes and user needs, configuring, and maintaining SAP/ERP systems modules, and validating the systems design. Systems modules include but are not limited to SAP Human Resources, SAP Financial, SAP Material Management, SAP Project Systems, SAP Government Risk and Compliance, SAP Planning Budget and Formulation, SAP Plant Maintenance, SAP HP Quality Assurance, SAP Business Warehouse, SAP Portal (ESS and MSS), and ERP student systems modules.
A Senior SAP Functional Business Analyst (PY, TM) analyzes and defines complex SAP payroll and time management functions, business processes, and user needs and performs the most difficult and innovative functional configuration, testing, and maintenance tasks for the District's SAP payroll and time management schemas according to operational and business needs. An incumbent in this classification applies an advanced knowledge in the functional configuration of the assigned schemas. The performance of technical programming duties is not part of this position.
An SAP Functional Business Analyst (Human Resources) analyzes and defines complex SAP Human Resources functions, business processes, and user needs and performs complex functional configuration, testing, and maintenance tasks for the District's SAP Human Resources and SAP Portal (ESS and MSS) modules according to operational needs. Incumbents in this classification use SAP functional and applications knowledge to analyze and translate departmental requirements into deployed functionality in the District's SAP Human Resources systems. The performance of technical programming duties is not a part of this position.
General supervision is received from an SAP/ERP Manager. General supervision is exercised over professional staff assigned to the team.