|Physical Educ/Ath Facilities Asst (Male)|
|Issues and collects physical education and/or intercollegiate athletics equipment and supplies and oversees the use of gymnasium, and/or athletic facilities, locker room, equipment room, and swimming pool areas.
|EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Graduation from high school or its equivalent. Recent experience involving the maintenance of physical education and athletic facilities and equipment is desirable.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to lift and move items weighing up to fifty pounds.
- Equipment, materials, and supplies used by college physical education and intercollegiate athletics programs
- Safety precautions and procedures associated with physical education and intercollegiate athletics programs
- Proper and safe use of common household cleaning materials such as soaps, detergents, ammonia, disinfectants, and multi-purpose cleaning agents
- Proper methods for lifting and moving heavy objects
- Principles of recordkeeping
- Capabilities of computer systems, software and hardware common to physical education/athletics areas
- Store and issue supplies and equipment
- Work effectively and cooperatively with students, instructional staff, and other staff
- Keep accurate records
- Carry out oral and written instructions
- Safely lift and move heavy equipment and supplies
- Safely use cleaning agents
- Operate laundry equipment
- Learn to make repairs to physical education and/or athletics equipment
- Learn general software applications
- Issues and collects physical education and/or intercollegiate athletics equipment, team uniforms, gym clothes, towels, and related items.
- Cleans, marks, and makes minor repairs to physical education and/or athletics equipment.
- Oversees and monitors the use of various physical education and/or intercollegiate athletic facilities by students to assure compliance with safety and security regulations.
- Keeps equipment and supplies and locker rooms neat and clean.
- Keeps accurate inventory records of equipment and supplies issued and in stock.
- Sets up ball courts and gymnasium apparatus for use.
- Prepares lists of equipment and supplies for ordering and receives and inspects delivered items for accuracy against purchase orders.
- Launders team uniforms, gym clothes, and related items.
- Marks and sets up tracks and athletic fields for practice sessions and regularly scheduled home contests.
- Answers telephone requests for information and takes messages for physical education instructors and/or other athletics staff.
- May assist first responders in routine first-aid work.
- May maintain a lost and found and check valuables.
- May perform general clerical work.
- May operate computer equipment and standard office machines.
- May provide work direction to student employees.
- Performs related duties as assigned
|A Physical Education/Athletics Facilities Assistant (Male/Female) issues, collects, and makes minor repairs to physical education and/or intercollegiate athletics equipment and oversees the use of equipment rooms, locker rooms, and related men's or women's physical education facilities.
An Athletic Trainer prevents injury or re-injury of intercollegiate athletes by developing conditioning, flexibility and rehabilitative programs; applying specialized protective strapping or bracing; and administering therapeutic and emergency first-aid to injured athletes